Sunday, October 19, 2008

Water Spouts




















Saw my first waterspout today, was walking along the road in Charlotte Amalie when I noticed a strange looking cloud, dark like a rain cloud but had what looked like a funnel cloud coming from the bottom. Its hard to tell from my phone camera but just to the right of the tower on the coast guard ship you can see the funnel. I looked much larger in person, and I guess they are fairly common around these parts.

Here is a picture of how we tied up Fate during the hurricane, we used 12 lines plus the anchor, she wouldnt budge in 1oomph winds but I'm not sure what a high surge would do.. ok so the picture wont upload so I guess you will have to use our imagination.

1 comment:

Melinda Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.