Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Getting Ready

Well, after 4 months of preperations and countless $$ dumped into the boat she is finally ready, well not really. We are still wating on a new pipe birth that we are installing in the stern cabin for a seabed and extra storage. We are also missing our brochures and a few other things.

We plan to leave Wed October 1st around 10am on the outgoing tide, I sure hope we have everything completed by then.

We have picked up two crew, Josh and Austin, who we met in our STCW95 class last week.

Our trip should be fairly easy as the weather forecast seems to be pretty quiet for the next 180 hours. We have enough fuel for 4 days motoring plus reserves for 4 hours a day to charge the batteries. Our route takes us ESE to 25N 65W and then hang a right for a downwind run or beamreach to the VI. We esitimate 7.5 days if we have consistant winds.

Here is our charter site http://www.virginislandsailingcharters.com

8 comments:

Brian said...

Have a blast! Wish I was going. I will send some friends your charter info. I know they would enjoy it and that you guys would provide an excellent experience.

Aloha,
Brian

Aron said...

Hey good luck guys, we'll be thinking about ya back here on Coquette!
Aloha!
Aron

Unknown said...

Hi Dustin, be safe. Remember me?
Candy from Freedom Canvas and Sail.
I'm in Benicia, CA now still doing da canvas and bookkeeping at the Benicia Yacht Club. HA!
I'm totally envious.

Candy

Unknown said...

Dustin,

Live your dreams now!

Smooth Sailing,
Bruce

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do, then by the things you did do, so throw off the bowline. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade wind in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Melinda Ryan said...

Safe sailing sweety!! I miss you already, thanks for my note on my computer this morning, I loved it!! Have a caribbean cocktail for me, one with an umbrella in it. Love always!

Donna said...

I will be following your blog as you journey into the island life. You know I would love to come down and join you for a while. At least we will be in the same ocean when we set sail on the 12th. I know you are in the Lord's hands so will smile when I think of you. Stay Safe. Mom

Anonymous said...

Yo man, have a good trip. Take lots of photos and keep a journal so you can write a travel guide. Also, watch out for pirates!!

benseestheworld said...

St. Elmo's fire is an electrical weather phenomenon in which luminous plasma is created by a coronal discharge originating from a grounded object in an atmospheric electric field (such as those generated by thunderstorms or thunderstorms created by a volcanic explosion).
St. Elmo's fire is named after St. Erasmus of Formiae (also called St. Elmo), the patron saint of sailors. The phenomenon sometimes appeared on ships at sea during thunderstorms, and was regarded by sailors with superstitious awe, accounting for the name. Alternatively, Peter Gonzalez is said to be the St. Elmo after whom St. Elmo's fire has its name.

The only logical way I can explain that however UFO's make better stories.
-Josh